Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hostess Club Cards

Here are two of the cards we did for our Hostess Club this past week. Check out Mary's blog www.marysangelinspirations.blogspot.com for the other card as well as some cards she has made using some of the NEW sets out of our catalog.

The first card uses one of my favorite new stamp sets - Enjoy the Ride. I used some of my old Caboodles Cardstock (However, each one is a coordinating color to the NEW Smoothies Cardstock!) The Smoothies coordinating colors are Caribbean Breeze & Raspberry Splash. I also used Brown & White CS & the Catelynne Fly With it Collection Pattern Paper. I colored the image with the Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils & blended w/ the Blender Pen; added some Antique Copper Brads and some Sheer Brown Ribbon. LOVE this card!! :)

The second card is a very simple and basic card - however I love the way it turned out! I used a set from our Fall Supplement - Be Lifted. I stamped the Kite image on White CS, (Using Lavender Sachet & Noir Palette Ink) colored the bows w/ a purple Colored Pencil & added some sparkle with a Glitter Gel Pen. The saying I stamped again w/ Palette Ink - Lavender Sachet & Noir for the bottom. I then mounted the White CS onto some Purple from the Maggie CS Collection, & mounted that piece on Black CS w/ Pop Dots to add a little dimension. The card front was finally mounted onto a White CS Card Base. Wha-La! To see another version of this card - which inspired me ;) check out this link where they were challenged to create NAKED - or single layer - cards! www.paperwingsonline.com

I hope you enjoyed these cards! Stay tuned as I hope to begin making some Christmas cards for our Christmas in July Challenge over at The Angel Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment